Subscribe to our email delivery
NMIA helps make North Mayfair a great place to live. Our community is vibrant and healthy thanks to the commitment of those who volunteer and contribute to making it better.
Established in 1929, NMIA has been working with North Mayfair residents to keep our neighborhood a safe and desirable place to live. We partner with other neighborhood agencies to create a vibrant and active community with many opportunities for gathering together and volunteering to work towards a common goal – making North Mayfair a great place to live and raise families!
2017/18 MEMBERSHIP – Valid until May 1, 2018 – Membership renews every May 1st
$10 per person annually
$20 per person with paper Improver delivery
$25 family membership annually
$50 neighborhood supporter annually
DONATIONS in any amount are tax deductible and appreciated!:
Membership Payment Options
|JOIN BY MAIL
Please download the application and send with a check to:
North Mayfair Improvement Assoc.
PO Box 30119
Chicago, IL 60630
It’s easy, fast, secure and green (paperless)! NOTE: Paypal will assess a small transaction fee (approx .60 per membership).
Your membership in North Mayfair Improvement Association supports our efforts to:
- Provide monthly meetings at Gompers Fieldhouse (first Wednesday of the month 7pm). Our meetings are focused on area activities, ways to improve your home and community and a chance to meet other North Mayfair residents.
- Sponsor two baseball teams (one boys and one girls) in association with Gompers Park Athletic Association (GPAA).
- Host our 4th of July Parade and celebration - quickly becoming one of our favorite events!
- Sponsor Movies in the Park at Gompers, in association with the GPAA
- Work with the Gompers Park Advisory Council and promote the Gompers Park cleanup projects each year.
- Publish the Improver newsletter four times per year. The Improver is distributed via email to all members. It is also posted on our website, is available in limited print form at high traffic locations throughout the community and can be mailed to you for an addition $10/year. See below.
- Bring art into the community. In 2015, we organized our first mural installation at Cicero and Lawrence. “Neighborhood Elevation” was designed by North Mayfair’s artist, Anthony Lewellyn.
- In the past we have been cited as a key factor in North Mayfair’s selection by This Old House Magazine as one of the Midwest’s “Best Old House Neighborhoods” in 2010, earned National Register Historic District status for North Mayfair in 2009 and worked to have our neighborhood recognized as a Designated Bungalow Historic Districts in Chicago.
NMIA members are active in many organizations.
How Can You Support North Mayfair?
Become an NMIA member!
Make an extra donation.
Attend a monthly meeting – first Wed each month (except July/Aug) 7pm at Gompers Fieldhouse.
Volunteer for an NMIA committee or project!